Job Number 19154110
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay| 30 Pitt Street|
Sydney| New South Wales| Australia
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Assists department head in managing budget| capital expenditures| preventative
maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building
and grounds with particular attention towards safety| security and asset
protection. Assigns| tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff
and contractors. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through
effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and
maintenance or related professional area; technical training in
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction|
Engineering| Mechanics| or related major; 2 years experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training
CORE WORK ACTIVIITES
Supporting management of Property Operations
• Supervises distribution of repair work orders.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists in effectively planning| scheduling and evaluating preventative
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
• Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
• Supervises Engineering and related areas in absence of the Director of
• Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment| refrigeration|
HVAC| plumbing| water treatment| electrical and life safety systems.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order
to create awareness of business objectives| communicate expectations and
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting| repair
work| renovations| and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and order or purchase new equipment| supplies| and furnishings.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering and related departments.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to
determine the type of work required.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
• Provides emergency response services 24/7.
• Repairs equipment (e.g.| refrigeration| laundry) as necessary.
• Ensures all employees have the proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Helps train employees in safety procedures.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process| providing
feedback as needed.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
Only candidates with current unrestricted Australian working rights will be