Job Number 19142952
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| One Marriott Drive| Perth| Western
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer| Far East Consortium| The Ritz-Carlton| Perth
will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development.
Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront| the 205-room hotel will occupy a
28-storey tower| which will also include a selection of impressive residential
apartments. The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| together with The Towers at Elizabeth
Quay| an upscale residential development located beside the hotel| will sit
atop exclusive retail space| fine-dining experiences| and waterfront access.
The Ritz-Carlton| Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities|
including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally
positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with
2|000 square metres of conference space| including a spacious 572 square
metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the
hotel include a Fitness Centre| which offers a gym| spa| and outdoor infinity
swimming pool| while an open-roof courtyard with tropical| landscaped gardens
creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open November 2019.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and directs all property operations
during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and
service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property
management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally
assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| housekeeping| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 3 years
experience in the guest services| front desk| housekeeping| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Ensures supervisors maintain adequate levels of department supplies.
• Ensures all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed
(grooming standards in employee handbook).
• Ensures employees are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
• Directs| monitors| and assists all overnight staff.
• Ensures guest tracking scores and employee opinion survey goals are
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements| sales and activity reports| and other
performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine
areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly
from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all
invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and
rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Ensures all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and
• Manages employee hours.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement
action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Ensures all employees are trained on specific aspects of their job and are
aware of all resources to assist them in problem solving.
• Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures| standards| or
• Ensures all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Ensures constant communication takes place between employees| supervisors
• Provides orientation for new employees and ensuring all information is
entered into computer.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Encourages employee relations through gifts| parties| outings.
• Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the
• Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently|
disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._