Job Number 20025723
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Perth| 480 Hay Street| Perth| Western Australia|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Responsible for supporting all aspects of Concierge functions in accordance
with hotel standards. Maintains a concierge service and management philosophy
that serves as a guide to respective staff. Assists in developing and
maintaining the acknowledgment and service of all guests visiting the
location. Supports management to ensure all departments are aware of all
guests’ needs and information prior to arrival that will lead to a unique|
memorable and personal stay.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services| front
desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration or related major; no prior
work experience required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Concierge Goals
• Coordinates day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and
meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Supports concierge team to keep them focused on the critical components of
operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Supports the establishment of an effective database to be used by all team
members for restaurant and local attractions.
• Establishes relationships with local attractions| restaurants and other
businesses to enhance guests’ experiences.
• Provides recommendations and arranges services for guests as requested
(e.g.| car rental| airline and train tickets| office services| beauty and
barber services| baby sitting| repairs| shopping).
• Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet guest|s specific
needs and requirements.
• Provides check-in and check-out services and handles reservations when
• Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations| services and facilities of
• Ensures repeat and VIP guests are receiving appropriate service and ensures
their requests are carried out.
• Responds to emergency situations using appropriate procedures.
• Maintains awareness of daily operations and events at the hotel.
• Maintains knowledge of daily house-count| arrivals/departures| VIPs|
scheduled in-house group names| background| activities| locations| and times
as well as special requests/arrangements
• Provides warm welcome and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
• Encourages and building mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures concierge team effectively handles guest requests and adheres to all
hotel policies| procedures and standards while striving towards total guest
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Assists in ensuring the concierge team provides services that are above and
beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by assisting individuals to understand guest needs|
providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product| service
levels and overall satisfaction.
• Supports employees understanding of customer service expectations and
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information
in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear
and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired