Job Number 19169754
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| 1 Barrack Street| Perth| Western
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer| Far East Consortium| The Ritz-Carlton| Perth
will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development.
Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront| the 205-room hotel will occupy a
28-storey tower| which will also include a selection of impressive residential
apartments. The Ritz-Carlton| Perth| together with The Towers at Elizabeth
Quay| an upscale residential development located beside the hotel| will sit
atop exclusive retail space| fine-dining experiences| and waterfront access.
The Ritz-Carlton| Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities|
including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally
positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with
2|000 square metres of conference space| including a spacious 572 square
metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the
hotel include a Fitness Centre| which offers a gym| spa| and outdoor infinity
swimming pool| while an open-roof courtyard with tropical| landscaped gardens
creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks
while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all
areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget. Leads development and training of team to
improve results while maintaining standards. Must ensure sanitation and food
standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Pastry Culinary Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an |open door| policy and reviews
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops| designs| or creates new applications| ideas| relationships|
systems| or products| including artistic contributions.
• Recognizes superior quality products| presentations and flavor.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Maintains purchasing| receiving and food storage standards.
• Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Supervises pastry preparation shift operations and ensures compliance with
all Food & Beverage policies| standards and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals| budget goals| team
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Trains employees in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow
loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
Supports Training and Development Activities
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to
Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer
• Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients|
preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members
with appropriate skills.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._