If you are passionate about getting hands-on with technology and eager to
further your career in a technically innovative environment- Dell is the place
to be. Within Client Solutions- we are looking for a Client Technologist to
join us in Queensland.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed- industry-leading visionaries. At
our core is a commitment to diversity- sustainability and our communities. We
offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members.
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress- and were
committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere-
so they can transform the way they work and live.
This is a non sales- non quota carrying position. However the skills neede
are alike to a pre sales role.
Dell Client Technologist is a technical advocate promoting Dell|s Latitude
OptiPlex & Precision product lines. This person will work with existing
Account teams to identify accounts that represent the highest value to Dell
specific to the client portfolio. Engaging directly with customers the Client
Technologist must be capable sharing Dell End User Computing Point of view.
This would include Dell Client Portfolio- Client Security- Systems Management-
Cloud Client and Mobility point of view.
– Defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations
on all aspects of company products and services.
– Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company
products and services to meet customer needs.
– Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high
end product and solutions.
– Conducts customer needs analysis.
– Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
– Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high
impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
– Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader on Dells Client
solutions- technology- products- and services.
– Relays customer feedback to assist with the future development and selling
of Dells technology- products- and services.
– Sponsors and institutionalizes new and innovative ways of working in teams
to meet customer needs/sales objectives.
– Works effectively with functional leaders throughout the organization.
– At this level- supports highly complex accounts.
– Gains access and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT
– Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell Client products and
– Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration
within the customers environment.
– Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team.
– Synthesizes market- industry and competitor data to anticipate how external
factors will influence the position of the Dell solution.
– Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position Dell
– Assumes leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced
systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement
solution across breadth of Dell and third-party products and services.
– Leveraged as coach/mentor to others.
– Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-
– 3+ years experience in the End User Computing Space
– Proven track record as a senior level sales engineer with understanding of
Dells complex products and services portfolio.
– Solid understanding of End User Computing lifecycle management tools e.g.
SCCM- LanDesk- Altiris- KACE Etc.
– Strong Presentation & Communication Skills
– Experience with CRM applications to update- manage opportunities e.g.
– Intimate working knowledge on how to size- scope and position Dells Client
– Strong skills in identifying customer needs- relating them to Dell Client
technologies- and devising a solution architecture to aid in the sales
– Will have strong working knowledge of the sales process- including the
identification of customer use cases- development of ROI models- and value-
– Possess a competitive knowledge of other offerings from major vendors and
will be able to compare and contrast them to Dells offerings with an emphasis
on how Dells advantages will impact the customers operational environment and
– Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs
and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their
health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive- locally
competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race- color- religion- sex
(including pregnancy)- sexual orientation- gender identity and/or expression-
national origin- protected veteran status- disability- genetics- or
citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell
encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Sales Sales-Operations-Job-Family-Group Pre-Sales Job ID: