Job Number 19154217
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Four Points by Sheraton Perth| 707 Wellington Street| Perth|
Western Australia| Australia
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets
pleasure. Where even when you’re global| you can experience the local.
Designed for the independent traveller seeking balance| there’s Four Points.
With 278 stylishly comfortable rooms| our Hotel is a home away from home for
business and leisure travellers alike. We|re in a great location opposite the
Perth Arena and close to the Northbridge entertainment and dining district.
At the heart of our thriving Hotel is our team of Sales and Marketing
associates| who are passionate about looking after our guests and each other –
they work hard and have fun doing it!
We require a high-energy individual to manage our busy Catering Sales
operation. As our ideal candidate you will be responsible for the effective
coordination and management of corporate and social events| from initial
contact through to planning| implementation and execution.
Your strengths are accuracy and attention to detail| and effective time-
management| which complement your experience gained from a similar Catering
Sales role and environment. But above all you|ll be a |people| person.
Existing| unrestricted work entitlements are essential.
The Sales Manager-Catering is responsible for contracting and closing local
catering and social business and ensuring that business is turned over
properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is
responsible for achieving catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each
business opportunity to maximise revenue. The incumbent implements the brand’s
service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales
process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence
throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages sales efforts for the hotel including local corporate and social
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales
efforts are coordinated| complementary and not duplicative.
• Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel.
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal
and hotel revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Designs| develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximises revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets| and provides
• Develops menus which drive sales.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling expenses
and providing a return on investment for the owner and the company.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts effectively with sales| kitchen| vendors| competitors| local
community| catering associations and other hotel departments in order to
ensure guest satisfaction.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of
strategies at the hotel level.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.