Job Number 19129361
Job Category Spa
Location The Westin Brisbane| 111 Mary Street| Brisbane| Queensland|
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin| we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by
providing a refreshing environment| thoughtful amenities| and revitalizing
programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they
arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being|
and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and
soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help
guests be at their best| and they appreciate our supportive attitude|
anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them
throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to
join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If
you’re someone who has is positive| adaptable and intuitive| and has a genuine
interest in the well-being of others around you| we invite you to discover how
at Westin| together we can rise.
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa| including its
programs| services| hours of operation| facilities and staff. Coordinates the
delivery of spa services| including salon| skin care| fitness and wellness|
massage| program coordinating| reservations| reception desk and locker room
areas. As a department head| directs and works with the management team and
hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to
continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial
performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 4 years experience in the
spa| guest services| front desk| sales and marketing| or related professional
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Hotel and Restaurant
Management| or related major; 2 years experience in the spa| guest services|
front desk| sales and marketing| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
• Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
• Oversees retail product research| product selection and purchasing| product
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control| including uniforms.
• Monitors the spa|s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are
met or exceeded.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting
programs| group amenities| group turndown gifts| letters and invitations|
creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum
• Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs| gift with
purchase| co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and
• Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain
competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
• Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements|
budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities| linen expense|
professional salon products| plants| decorations and paper supplies to achieve
or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality| exemplifying excellent customer
service| and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards| guest satisfaction results and other data to identify
areas of improvement.
• Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action|
sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken
to continuously improve results.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate
skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops| implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees
to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees
and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback| utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing
employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates
expectations| recognizing performance| and producing desired business results.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team